The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Saturday, October 22, 2011

Two at the Zoo and Won the Area Too!!!!

What a GREAT day Friday, October 21st, 2011 turned out to be! I am trying to cherish EVERY blessing that God gives me daily. NO MATTER HOW SMALL IT MAY BE. The lives of the Horne Family have been quite rough over the past 3 years. So, God is teaching me that I am RIGHT where I am suppose to be. He has a wonderful plan for our family, and if we will be patient, we will see exactly why we have had these challenges and what they are preparing us for. A lady that I work with told me that she often thinks...... "If the Horne's can go on after all that they have been through, then I can do this." I thought that was a wonderful compliment to our family. I had no idea that anyone would find comfort in seeing how we deal with the struggles of our daily life. I saw right at that moment how God uses us to be an example. And, if I became angry, I would not be an example of a christian that others can see how God works in his children. I often share my story with the children I work with as well. These kids have major life struggles. I tell them my story, and they seem to relate. I hope I am being a good christian example to these young adults. I often get discouraged, but I know God wants me to be right where I am so that I will make a difference with the children I see daily. I feel that I am doing that!
Now, moving on to the title. Grant's first grade class went on a field trip to the zoo. It was so much fun. The Montgomery zoo is wonderful. Reagan and Grant loved all of the animals. The flamingo pictures where they are standing on one leg is one of my favorites. Grant loved the snakes. YUCK! He is the typical little boy. Reagan did not love them~typical little girl. The giraffe's were so much fun. Again, Grant loved their nasty, black, long tongues snatching the food from his hand. Reagan quickly gave Grant the food she had so that he could feed them. She did not like it at all!
Scott and the GW Long Rebels won the entire AREA!!!!! I am so proud of this team and all of the coaches for the hard work that they have put into this season. They have only lost ONE game. They have one more game for the regular season, then it is on to the big time!!!! They are the #1 ranked team. WOW!!! They have come a LONG, LONG, way! Reagan is shown in the photos exhausted and crying for her daddy. Grant wanted to take JayAustin. They had so much fun. I took a picture of the half time score board, and Scott sitting down on the field formulating his "game plan" to utilize the second half. Then, I took a picture of the FINAL score!!! MUCH BETTER! So, the day was WONDERFUL! I thank God every day for all of the blessings that we have. It was a GREAT DAY!

No comments: