The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Friday, July 30, 2010

July 29th~ Remembering "Uncle Todd"

So, two years ago on July 29th, I was coming home from the hospital after having foot surgery. Our home had just been literally lifted and moved to its new location, and we were pulling up in the driveway. There were 3 movers at our house putting Grant's trampoline together. I was attempting to get out of the car when Scott received a phone call from his father.
The news was that Todd and some of his fellow coaches were in a car accident. We were given the impression that it was not serious, but Scott and I decided to make the trip to Ozark and check things out for ourselves. Grant was still buckled up in his car seat, so off we went.
Well, after a long, blurry day that seemed to be in slow motion, one of the most important people in our lives was no longer here. It was a tragic day.
I remember the last time I saw Todd. He came to my hospital room and brought me a plant, which I am sure Alisa purchased:). He was addimate that Grant was not staying with us in that small hospital room. Grant had never spent the night away from us, but he went with his Uncle Todd and was so excited. I am so thankful that Grant got to spend that time with him.
Todd was the best brother-in-law a person could ask for. He always hugged my neck~every time I saw him. You would have thought we lived miles apart, but he always got a hug from us-especially from Grant. Some of my best memories are of how Todd loved my son. He would come and get him and take him for a ride on the four-wheeler, let him play with all of the buttons and gadgets in his truck while he talked to Scott about football in the driveway-and when Grant did not want to get out of the truck when the football discussion was over-Todd would ask if he could take him with him for a little while. He knew I was very protective of Grant and he promised he would not let anything happen to him. Then-off they went. Both with huge grins on their faces.
I look forward to seeing Todd again one day. I sure do miss him for now though. I can still hear his laugh in my head. I miss his voice and all of the small things. Please help us keep his memory alive.

No comments: