The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Saturday, January 19, 2013

Week-end Review ~ A little Past Due.....

This post is a summary of last week-end.  I seem to be able to only update this "blog" on the week-ends.  So, the weather and activities are quite different.  Last week-end (featured in these photos) we played outside almost ALL day EVERY day.  It was in the 70's in January.  This weekend (January 19, 2013) it is COLD!!! It actually snowed in Birmingham.  We went to wearing short to wearing heavy jackets and gloves in about 2 days. 

 Reagan can not be fooled.  She told me to take the pink princess phone because she knew it wasn't real and she wanted to take some pictures.

 Baseball time has arrived!!!!! Grant and Scott get super serious about this!!! Scott has been talked into coaching Grant's team this year.  He usually only "helps" , but this year, he is the "REAL" coach.  I hope mommies and daddies don't get mad at his coaching technique.  He is  a coach for high school, and he is pretty tough on Grant.  I hope they can take all of his "positive criticism".  It may be a long season!!! Keep me in your prayers because I will be sitting in the stands with the parents!!!!
 There really aren't any good hiding spots for these huge skirts that Reagan got from her Aunt Alisa for Christmas.  She only has 2 of these, and she wants to wear them every other day!!!! I can't even get the bottom of her carseat buckled without sweating.  I don't think Reagan will be playing sports as her daddy hoped she would.  She is ALL GIRL.  We have a self-proclaimed princess on our hands.
 This is the sweetest little face to me.  He was running up to me in this picture.  He gave me a huge hug..... then he presented me with the GREATEST GIFT EVER......(see next photo)
 MAJOR BLING!!!!!! A pipe cleaner ring.  I love it!!!! It was difficult to eat wearing this, but I gave it my best shot for my little man.
 Having a dad that is a "strength and fitness" coach has its good and bad sides.  Grant is constantly working on his "6 pack".  He is so funny.  This picture cracks me up. Just for the record, Grant is very athletic.  He runs faster than any child I have EVER SEEN.  Undoubtedly, Scott was pretty fast as a kid too.  Poppa has verified this to be true.  Scott was the record holder at his high school, running a 4.5 in 40 yards.  His coach, Coach Locke, said he was the fastest white kid he had seen in his life!!!!
 This is serious people!!!

Reagan actually thought that this outfit was an option.  She lacks NO SELF CONFIDENCE!! 



 I don't want to paint our lives as picture perfect in this "scrapbook" for our children.  So, please note the large red spots all over Reagan's head.  These were a gift from Grant for trying to take his dog.  They LOVE these puppies.  But, they do have their own set of rules.  Grant is just better at enforcing his than Reagan is.....let me rephrase this........He was better this night.  Reagan will bring out the "undertaker" when necessary.  


 The beginning of the fight has been documented.  It looks like Grant was minding his own business, and Reagan wanted some attention~ any attention! 
 "Hawk" is content sitting with Grant playing his Wii.


 Well, our little boy has done it again, ONLY BETTER!!!  Sorry about the pictures being sideways.  These are documents showing all A's on Grant's report card (below), and a permission slip to TEST GRANT FOR THE GIFTED PROGRAM!!!!!  What a proud momma I am!!!!  Congratulations Grant!!!
I did tell Grant that he was not "gifted" yet~ he had to be tested by the teachers and staff at school.  I told him that we were just proud that he met the standards to even be tested. I then asked Grant what he was going to do if he did not get the scores required to be in the "gifted" program, and he stated:  "I'm going to ask the lady that tested me who approved her to test kids to find out if they are gifted". And, you can sure bet your money that he will do just that!!!! I'm glad he goes to school with Scott and not me!!!!  Just kidding!!!  

No comments: