The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Monday, June 14, 2010

Moms with a Heart~Meet at the Park "FUNdraiser"

SUCCESS!!!! Our FUN-draiser was so much fun. It was hot, So, Lori and I did end up going down the water slide! Of coarse it was after everyone left. I did some serious sweating! Hope I lost a -couple of pounds. I was a little self -conscious because there were some super cute volunteers there. Jenn(Newman) & Ashley(Skinner) were officially uninvited by me~because of their "CUTENESS" but they showed up anyway.

Lori asked me where to put the volunteers, and I told her to make sure they(Jenn and Ashley) were AWAY from the wienie's ~and I was not talking about the hot dogs! I was talking about the men! :) Especially my husband. And by the way, Scott was super help the day of the event. We kid him about his "outgoing personality". He joked and said we should put him at the greeting table to welcome everyone. I told him we would have lots of leftover weinies for sure! It was our anniversary too! I could not have been anywhere better. Happy 6th anniversary Scott!

We ended up raising more than $6500! There are a couple of local businesses and individuals that are going to mail their donation. We could be close to $7000 when all is said and done.

I made the "LITTLE" ones some onecies. I felt bad because the shirts said "My Mom has Heart" because it left out the daddies who had done so much. I printed off daddy too and I was going to put it on the back of their bottoms. Lori had the super funny idea of putting "CANCER STINKS" I loved it. I asked her if we should put "Cancer stinks~Daddy too" since we already had it printed off. We opted not too though.

All in all, it was a great day. Thanks to everyone for all of the hard work. I have to mention my mom. She was out their all day helping. She missed the pictures because she was so hot she could not stand up!!!!! Thanks mom for all of your help this week!

No comments: