The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Friday, February 4, 2011

My New Favorite Coach

Okay~ I need to clarify the title a little I guess. My #1 Coach is Coach Horne!!!! Just wanted to make sure he knew that. So, moving on now that I got that straight. TROOPER TAYLOR
I want to tell a little about this extraordinary man. Many of you know him as the "energetic" Auburn football assistant coach. But just read the story below that was posted on MyFoxAL.com

....Taylor also explained why he wears his hat backwards. He said his father died when he was 12 years old. He said every morning, his father would allow him to turn his hat around backwards so that he could kiss him goodbye. Taylor said that was the last time he saw his father alive, so wearing his hat backwards is a way to pay tribute to his father.
"It's not about a style or trying to be cool, It's a way to recognize and remember my father." Taylor said.

Coach Taylor can also be seen on the sidelines with his signature "Trooper Spirit Towel". He says that it was not planned~"enthusiasm is contagious, and I am passionate about the game."

Like Auburn or not, this is a GREAT story! And, as if I didn't love that story enough, keep reading!!!!!
I took a chance and emailed a wonderful woman, Susan Caanan, who took time out of her busy day, got more people on board, and this is what happened:

Coach Taylor sent Colby and Cameron a MASSIVE GIFT BOX! He autographed numerous items. They were on cloud 9!!!! Cameron is a PRO at the "Trooper Towel" Colby usually doesn't show much emotion, but he was super excited as well.

I also got something else out of the research I did about Coach Taylor. NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER!! He says that he always hears people say comments like "he needs to grow up and act like a coach, not a player." or "He is trying to look like a gangster." Wow! And, I just thought he liked to wear his hat like that! WAY DEEPER!!!!

So, THANK YOU Coach Taylor for taking a moment of your time for two young boys who have lost their father just as you did.

No comments: