The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Friday, August 13, 2010

The World As Grant Sees It

Well ~ This has been a very emotional week. Grant seems to be adjusting to kindergarten well. He is not crazy that he still has to take naps, and the fact that they only get 15 minutes for "playtime" outside really makes him upset. Now, I have to tell you all about all of the many things he has said this week. Grant's mouth gets me in some super tight situations. He is so full of questions~ Very eager to learn, he always asks what is on his mind. So, here it goes! Try to put yourself in my shoes. Somehow, it's not as funny there! I will start from open house~

1. Grant, go and meet some of the kids in your class. Ask that little boy his name. "Okay Momma~ Hey, What's "you" name?" Hey, why do you have a white momma and a brown daddy? Momma look~ he has a brown daddy and a white momma~ Come meet my new friend!!!!!!!!
2. Grant's principal is very sweet. Super Super educator and administrator. She was born with one hand. She always tells the children up front about it, and encourages them to ask questions in a positive way. So, Grant met her for the first time and says" Hey, what happened to "you" hand?" She explains, and then Grant says "How do you tie you shoes?" and, "If you are the principal, can you still spank hard?"
3. I am the school nurse, so we have some very medically fragile children. The staff asked me to do an inservice about differences. I needed to let them know about a child who is a hemophiliac, and how they should be super careful around him. I brought Grant up and he was the example since he has glasses, the principal spoke about her arm, and we talked about the little boy with the bleeding disorder. The school counselor closed by saying"See we all have differences. Look and me and Mrs. Davis~ She is tall, and I am short. She has brown hair, and I have blond hair." Grant raises his hand, and she walks over to him~ I shake my head NOOOOO! Experience has taught me this. He says "my mom says no" She moves on. I go to lunch with Grant, and he says~ "Momma, you knew what I was going to say didn't you~ I was going to say and you are fat and she is skinny." Thank you JESUS~ Really~He was looking out for me! FUN! FUN! I know now why teachers can get "tenure" I never agreed with it until now! I thought if you did your job, you had nothing to worry about. But, I bet the person that set that system up had a child like mine!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I cracked up reading this post!!! He is soooo funny and too cute. I'm sure he keeps things interesting with you guys! Hilarious!!