The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No such thing as coincidence

Okay, I have been thinking about whether or not to post this, but, I have came to the conclusion that I want Grant and Reagan to know how faith can be tested, and how if you trust in God, you can make it through anything. I am going to print this blog for their scrap book each year, so I know they will always have a small portion of their childhood captured in photos. I hope this one entry will be an example to them how when times get tough, with faith, they will make it through the tough times.

June 12, 2004~ Scott and I get married. We begin remodeling his grandparents home and making it our own. Two months after getting married, we were delighted, yet surprised, to find out we were going to be parents. However, we did pray he did not come early, as we did not want people counting the months from our wedding day to parenthood! Just kidding, we were nothing but excited. Upon completion of remodeling our home, literally, 1-2 months after we were done with landscaping and all the final details, we received a notice from the Dothan Regional Airport that we were in a newly established "runway protection zone" and our home was being taken via eminent domain.

Now, we must really have a strong marriage~ just married, expecting a baby, remodeling a home, and then, EMINENT DOMAIN! I had no idea it would be so hard. But, I have recently had the opportunity to reflect on the tough times we have faced as a family, and the details gave me chills!

No such thing as coincidence is the only title that fit this entry. So, upon reflecting, I have found out that God has been with me through all of these tough times. Mrs. Horne was reading her bible and noticed that Grant was born on the same day that Scott was baptized. No coincidence, I'm sure. Then, after our home was taken by the airport, we looked at all of our options and decided that we did not want the home destroyed, so we opted to have it moved. The house was placed on it's new foundation on July 29th, 2008. This was the day that Todd passed away in a tragic car accident. Our home was moved right next door to his wife and two young boys.Little did we know that something so negative as eminent domain could be so positive in the end. Scott quickly removed a portion of the fence so they could run back and forth from our house to theirs. Todd would be so proud of his brother. He has gone to being the baby of his family to a man that has 2 families leaning on him.

As if that were not enough, Scott and I had decided that we were happy with one child of our own, and having Colby and Cameron next door. Alisa, Todd's wife, is one of the strongest women I have ever met in my life. There is no doubt in my mind that she could have faced this tragedy on her own and been successful. But, she allows us to be involved in the boy's lives as much as we like, and that is so much of the healing process to us. Especially to Scott. I can see it on his face after he takes Colby to hit baseballs or takes Cameron fishing. He is a little happier knowing that Todd would be pleased!

With that said, We were super SURPRISED when Grant told us that his "Uncle Todd" was sending him a baby sister. We told him that we were not having any more babies, but he was persistent that we were wrong. He even put our name on the waiting list at his school, and the director called me at work and asked me. I said "NO", only to eat those words 2 months later.

Well, upon going to the doctor and realizing Grant was right, we were even more shocked to find out that our second child was due on July 29th. One year to the day that Todd passed away. No coincidence~ again~ I'm sure.

Reagan was born on July 22nd, 2009. She has been a blessing to the entire Horne family. The only girl. And spoiled rotten. I have had to make an effort to share her. I was not so good at that with Grant. But, I know God gave Reagan to us as a gift to help us through a tough year. She is everyone's baby.

So, I hope that if my children's faith is ever tested, they will remember this story and know that no matter how hard things may get, God will see you through it. I have been amazed to see the entire Horne family go through these tough times. Their faith is amazing. Never once did they miss church, get angry at God, or become bitter. I don't know what people do that don't believe in God. I thank him every day for all of the blessings he has given me.

And, when I get angry at Scott, or just get discouraged, I think about how I made a promise to God to be married forever. That is easy compared to the sacrifice he made for me. He WILLINGLY gave his son to be crucified. I could never do that with Grant or Reagan. His love for me is more than I can comprehend.





2 comments:

jeff said...

It's amazing just how much you can handle and how strong you can be when you get down on your needs and just ask for help....

Melissa said...

CRYING! That was beautiful.