The Strenght of my LOVE.......

NO ONE ELSE will ever know the strength of my LOVE FOR YOU. After all, you're THE ONLY ONE who knows what my HEART sounds like from the inside.







Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Not Fun To Post..... But definitely Noteworthy.

Okay, so my friends and family, wise advisers, and EVERYONE I consulted, have all informed me that this is ONLY A STAGE!  I am super paranoid about it though.  Grant is telling "little white lies".  Now, as normal of a "stage" as this may be, the approach to deterring this behavior at the Horne home is anything BUT!  So, many of you know that Grant really isn't bothered by spanking, taking away toys or games, or any of the traditional disciplinary measures.  So, when a friend of mine shared a technique that her friend used with her "strong willed boys", I had to implement it with Grant.  So, Grant has started having great behavior in class because he knew that if he "pulled a ticket" that he had to wear "church clothes" to school.  I told him if he looked nice, maybe he would "act" nice.  This has worked...... I thought......or maybe he just got good at making me THINK he was being good.....AKA "little white lies".  So, we WILL NOT DO THIS.... mainly because we won't have to.  But, don't tell Grant please. It has been a great tool in making him tell the WHOLE TRUTH!  Every time he tells a lie, we are going to cut a little of his hair (so he thinks).  This picture is enough of a reminder for him to make him think twice about lying to Scott and I.  Please don't judge unless you have had a "strong willed child" to raise and nurture and grow to be a successful, happy, Christian man.  That is our goal! We are giving it our best effort.  If he turns out ANYTHING but this, it IS NOT because Scott and I didn't try our hardest!



Moving on to "Little Miss Reagan".  She is super vocal about any and all that goes on in her presence.  When a little boy in her class walked in on Tuesday crying..... she stated "come ober here Cannon...sit by me."  The little boy looked up at his mother and said.... "I don't want to sit next to Raisin Corn."  The mother, teacher, and I started laughing so hard.  It is so funny to listen to them translate our world in their personal point of view.  Reagan said "HEY... that's not my name.... my name Way-gan."  We laughed more!  Off to work for me.... I wonder what I miss when I am at work.  I love these little monkeys!

No comments: